It's never too early to start teaching your children good money habits. When kids develop responsible spending and payment habits at an early age, they are more likely to successfully manage money as adults.
Get started today by opening a Student Checking to help empower your child to gain some financial freedom. This account is perfect for kids ages 14 to 24 and has no monthly service fee. With this account, your child can learn how to use an ATM, login to our mobile app to manage their account, and read a bank statement to review account history.
The great thing is that Horizon offers many options to keep an eye on your child's account, allowing you some peace of mind. Besides having the option to set up alerts within online banking, you can download the CardValet® app to keep an eye on debit card activity. With CardValet you can:
- Get real-time notifications when your card is used.
- Restrict transactions to a particular area using your phone's GPS.
- Set security preferences.
- Set spending limits for every transaction.
- Enable or disable your cards to be used within certain merchant categories such as gas and groceries.
- Lock and unlock debit cards with a few taps on your smartphone.
If your child is 18 or older, you can take advantage of Zelle® to send and receive money. It's easy – Zelle is already available within Horizon's mobile banking app. There are a few simple steps to enroll, and then you or your child will be able to send or request money from you or friends or even split the pizza bill with their roommate.
Call or visit a branch today for more information, and start your child on their way to financial independence.