Gary, IN — Horizon Bank, is pleased to announce Gary elementary and middle school “Students on the Horizon” that were recognized for their hard work and perseverance this school year at the 13th Annual Lakeshore Classic Chamber event.
“I appreciate Horizon Bank for recognizing ten of our middle school students for their outstanding achievements and look forward to working with Horizon Bank to help students with banking and financial literacy,” stated Principal Walker of Gary Middle School.
Banneker at Marquette Elementary students named were:
- London Goode, 2nd Grade for Most Improved
- Jordin Turn age, 4th Grade for Best Behavior
- Makayla Posey, 3rd Grade for Best Grades
- La'Marrion Brown, 5th Grade for Future Community Leader
Williams Elementary students named were:
- Kennedy Crumble, 1st Grade for Most Improved
- Jamila Jones, 2nd Grade for Best Behavior
- Zahavian Perry, 4th Grade for Best Grades
- Dayton Davis, 5th Grade for Future Community Leader
McCullough Elementary students named were:
- Destiny Hardy for Most Improved
- Jay 'Liana Bailey for Best Behavior
- Kindred Chang for Best Grades
- A 'Nyla Cunningham for Future Community Leader
Gary Middle students named were:
- Liyah Juarez and Omari Anderson for Most Improved
- Joshua Walton and Kierra Horne for Best Behavior
- Shiamber Smith and Jamey Jones for Best Grades
- Davontaye Blackmon and Ethan Dennis for Best Attendance
- Noah Simmons-Walden and DeLaun Williams for Future Community Leaders
About The Lakeshore Classic
The Classic is a regional family oriented event focusing its activities on raising educational awareness and drawing on the parallels between sports participation and academic achievement to encourage the region’s youth to follow a path for success.
About Horizon Bancorp, Inc.
Horizon Bancorp, Inc. is an independent, commercial bank holding company serving Indiana and Michigan through its commercial banking subsidiary, Horizon Bank. Horizon Bancorp, Inc. may be reached online at www.horizonbank.com. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol HBNC.
# # #
Contact: Amy Phares
Public Relations Manager
Phone: (219) 874-9208
Fax: (219) 873-2628