Positive Pay is a specialized account service offered to business customers to combat check fraud. Think of it as an added form of protection for your business.
Here’s how Positive Pay works:
- Your company issues a check.
- Using Horizon’s online banking, you load a list of your check numbers, dollar amounts, and check dates.
- When a recipient tries to cash/deposit a check from your business, Horizon matches that check against your uploaded list.
- When checks are matched, they are paid.
- Checks that don’t match are considered “exception items” and they submitted online for you to review.
- You can either approve or return the check.
Want even more protection against fraud? We’ve got it.
With Reverse Positive Pay, you will be able to review all going and incoming payments for potential fraud. You do not have to upload any check files or manually add checks. Instead, every check or ACH transaction would create an “exception”,
and you have the opportunity to review them each day and indicate whether they should be paid or returned.
Implementing Positive Pay is simple, secure, and effective. Find out more here, or contact your Horizon Business Banker to get up and running with Positive Pay. As always, you can reach us at 888-873-2640.