Here are some tips to help customers assess and improve their saving strategy. You would be surprised how a few small changes can have a big impact on your financial future.
To put you on the path towards saving success, we offer the following tips:
- Set a goal. The first step is to establish a realistic savings goal. Consider your expenses, make a budget and determine how much you can put away each month.
- Track your spending. Hold yourself to the budget you’ve set by tracking your expenses. Consider using websites that segment your spending so you can easily see what areas, if any, you are going over budget then adjust accordingly.
- Pay yourself first. Arrange to have a specific amount transferred to your savings account every pay period. If you wait till the end of the month to see what's left over, you are less likely to save.
- Consult a banker. Stop in to Horizon and speak with a banker about which package of products and services would best suit your saving needs.
- Consider investments. For long-term goals, such as saving for a home or retirement, look into bonds, mutual funds, real estate and stocks.
- Learn about our flexible banking options. These
conveniences keep you connected to your finances anywhere, anytime.
Now is the time to start saving! Compare our Savings Accounts to find the best fit for your current savings needs.