Be on the Lookout for Postcard Scams
Horizon Bank customers have notified the bank indicating they have received postcards in the mail regarding their recently closed mortgage. These postcards are not from Horizon Bank. Do not call the number listed, these postcards are a scam.
If you have called the number, contact us immediately at 888-873-2640.
Horizon Bank takes your privacy seriously, and does not send any confidential account information on postcards. Account information from us will always come in a sealed envelope with the Horizon logo, sent via email, or we will contact you via a phone call.
Things to be aware of:
- Be wary of postcards with account information, as we only mail personal information in sealed envelopes.
- Look for a logo, these postcards do not have this. All of our materials will have the Horizon Bank Logo, along with the Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender logos.
- In the bottom corner of the postcard, you will see “Loan information not provided by Horizon Bank.” When sending mortgage information, materials will be clearly labeled from Horizon Bank.
- A mortgage ID number is displayed on these postcards. Horizon Bank never displays account information on a postcard, all information is sent in a sealed envelope.
- The phone number listed on the card is not a Horizon Bank phone number.
If you receive mail that you are unsure of, please contact us immediately.