Horizon Bank’s online banking security is always our top priority. Cyber thieves are always looking for ways to gain access to other people’s accounts.
To keep your business secure, Horizon is offering you free software called Detect Safe Browsing (DSB). It is a simple application that goes beyond most anti-virus and malware protection tools. While DSB does not replace your current anti-virus software, it runs quietly in the background of your computer to scan your system for three common types of fraudulent attacks.
What it detects:
- Malware — software that could damage your computer
- Phishing — impersonation of trusted businesses or people, to try to collect your confidential information for fraudulent use
- Pharming — directing web users to “spoof” websites that mimic those you would normally trust, in order to collect personal data, including passwords, etc.
What it will do for you:
Detect Safe Browsing will:
- Notify you with a pop-up message if an issue is detected.
- Show you what actions have been blocked.
- Provide you with authentication to let you know when you’re on the correct, secure Horizon Bank online banking account, so you can be confident in managing your finances safely.
How to get it:
Detect Safe Browsing is a free security feature for business accounts offered through Horizon Bank. When logging into online banking, you will see an option to download the Detect Safe Browser application.
While we have not had any type of breach in security prompting the use of this application, we are happy to proactively protect business customers like you. To learn more about this free software, click here, or contact your Business Banker.