Horizon's online systems are SAFE from the Heartbleed Bug.
Recent news has been reported about the “Heartbleed bug” that can compromise websites and gain your personal information such as passwords.
Horizon Bank’s online banking systems are safe from the Heartbleed bug. Horizon takes many security precautions to help protect our customer’s information. Customers are always protected from any unauthorized transactions.
Consumers should follow these best practices when creating passwords on internet websites:
• Update your bank password every few months.
• Don’t choose a password that can easily be associated with you such as kids name, pet names, hobbies, etc.
• Use a mixture of unusual characters or a phrase that uses letters, numbers and special characters such as !h@veth3Cut3stD0gEVEr!
• Use a password that contains at least 8 characters
• Use different passwords on different sites and systems
Customers with specific questions or concerns are welcome to contact a Horizon Advisor at 888-873-2640.
Horizon Bancorp is a locally owned, independent, commercial bank holding company serving Northern and Central Indiana and Southern Michigan through its commercial banking subsidiary Horizon Bank, NA. Horizon also offers mortgage-banking services throughout the Midwest. Horizon Bancorp may be reached online at www.horizonbank.com. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol HBNC.
# # #